EDITO JUILLET 2021
Following government announcements on night spots. KALT is preparing for its reopening.
In order to welcome the public in the best possible way, specific specifications are required.
- A vaccination passport or a negative PCR test less than 48 hours old will be checked at the entrance as well as a valid identity document (note that no test will be carried out on site)
- The mask will not be compulsory in the enclosure but is still recommended.
- Limited number of entries, capacity of 75%.
- In the interest of the public and the organisation. Tickets will only be sold in pre-sales on the online events on 26 July.
New and temporary installation
- After almost two years of creation by Samuel Koehl, Timothée Boubay is taking over the visual direction of KALT.
- For the reopening, KALT will house the works of Maurin BONNET, presented online last month on the art-space of the site.
The artist’s practice oscillates between sculpture, installation and sound art. His works explore our relationship to the body and to destruction. An accidental and corrosive aesthetic runs through his music and installations, mixing the organic with evocations of the body. His latest pieces, worked with fire, transform the machined object into a living matter. Creatures emerge from this inert matter. This radical, erotic gesture brings out new forms from the object, bearing witness to an industrial era in decline. Beyond any fatalistic vision, his work seeks above all renewal and vitalist impetus in the destruction of matter.